Can i login with my twitter account?

I have little knowledge of Flash but for a little Flash game I have to store score and successful tries of users in a database using PHP. Now the Flash runs locally on the users computer and connects to a remote server. How can I secure against manipulation of game scores. Is there any best practice for this use case?

2 ANSWERS

February 16, 2017 at 9:57 am admin_lifexite

What you are asking is inherently impossible. The game runs on the client and is therefore completely at the user’s mercy. Only way to be sure is running a real time simulation of the game on the server based on user’s input (mouse movement, keypresses), which is absolutely ridiculous.

February 16, 2017 at 10:00 am admin_lifexite

I would imagine it only looks in the current working directory – See http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/function.getcwd.php if you want to know what that is.

You can always find a path relative to your application by basing it on $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’]

February 16, 2017 at 10:00 am admin_lifexite

The filename argument for parse_ini_file is a standard php filename, so the same rules will apply as opening a file using fopen.

You must either specify an absolute file path (“/path/to/my.ini”) or a path relative to your current working directory (“my.ini”). See getcwd for your current working directory.

Unlike the default fopen command, if a relative path is specified (“my.ini”) parse_ini_file will search include paths after searching your current working directory. I verified this in php 5.2.6.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.